E-N-G opened for business in 1977 when the founder designed and sold the first Electronic News Gathering vehicle for KTVU-TV in Oakland, California. Soon the company started customizing vehicles for the mobile TV News industry throughout the nation and over the years, it pioneered many design breakthroughs earning a reputation for innovation, creativity and reliability.
Now, E-N-G designs, develops, and builds specialized vehicles with highly technical applications, including, without limitation, in the fields of:
- Public health and medical (includes clinical, analytical and environmental laboratories)
- Advanced technology (includes special purpose clean rooms and unmanned aircraft systems)
- Incident command and control (includes IT and communications systems for law enforcement, fire department, public utility and broadcasting)
- Utilities services (includes inspection and maintenance systems)
E-N-G has sold more than 1,500 specialized vehicles to diverse customers around the globe for over 40 years. This includes more than 400 mobile laboratories, more than 600 broadcast news vehicles and more than 500 communications and advanced technology vehicles. Our vehicles are safe, intricate and well-integrated mobile environments. We have built mobile systems for hundreds of customers and end-users, many of which are recognized organizations, including the U.S. Army, Navy, FBI, Department of Homeland Security, Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, multiple state health and environmental agencies, space companies like Virgin Orbit, water and power utilities companies, law enforcement departments, local government and high tech companies.
Our Design Approach
E-N-G collaborates closely with each client and end-user to fully understand their intended applications and specialized needs. We provide practical solutions to meet the customer’s requirements, taking into consideration the desired equipment and mobility, consistent with available resources and budgets. We provide precision engineered standard and customized mobile systems with innovative designs to maximize ease of use:
- Standard mobile system models equipped with fully developed field proven operational systems
- Customized mobile systems designed to meet end-user specific requirements
* E-N-G HAS EMPLOYEES ENGAGED IN ONLY THOSE ENGINEERING ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONNECTED WITH THE MANUFACTURING, PROCESSING, PRODUCING, TRANSMITTING AND DELIVERING OF ITS PRODUCTS. E-N-G DOES NOT ENGAGE IN THE PRACTICE OF ENGINEERING UNDER THE LAWS OF NORTH CAROLINA, DOES NOT PROVIDE OR OFFER TO PROVIDE ENGINEERING SERVICES TO THE PUBLIC, AND DOES NOT HOLD ITSELF OUT AS DOING SO.